Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thing 8 - Bloglines

I really like RSS feeds and readers. I'm not huge on blog reading, but I do like keeping up with a lot of news sites and stuff like that. RSS feeds allow me to check updates to all of these sites at once, which saves a lot of time. I thought bloglines made it really easy to subscribe to feeds and find new stuff you might be interested in.

I use iGoogle as my homepage at home, which has an RSS reader. I use it to keep up with top headlines, international headlines, and my guilty pleasure, People.com headlines. I also have a feed from weather.com that tells me the weather forecast for my area for the next 2 or 3 days. It's really useful for quickly keeping up with what's going on in the world without going to several different websites.

I did take the plunge and made my bloglines feeds public. You can check them out at http://www.bloglines.com/public/HCLJody .


No comments: